Evergreen Content: Creating Timeless Content That Drives Consistent Engagement
In the wide-wide world of marketing, where trends pop up and disappear as quickly as a tweet, there’s a strategy that can help your content last longer in searches and, more importantly, organically. As successful lifelong marketers working nationwide, we’ve dedicated our professional lives to creating innovative ways to connect with audiences and make a lasting impression.
Getting to Know Evergreen Content
Imagine evergreen content as the majestic Bristle Cone pine tree of the digital marketing forest as they stand longer than any other tree in the evergreen forest. Unlike trendy topics that grab attention briefly, evergreen content will consistently draw in readers long after it has been seeded into the web.
Breaking Down Evergreen Content
- Timeless Relevance: Be sure to consider relevant questions and challenges your audience may face. Then, understand how to communicate a situation with examples that end with a realistic solution. Evergreen content tends to focus on topics that envelope a large demographic of people in a specific audience.
- Evergreen Formats: While blog articles are a go-to for evergreen content, remember to mix it up. Try adding how-to guides, video tutorials, and articles with exciting and customized infographics, all with a branding strategy in mind. These can all become timeless resources. (Read more on branding strategies in last week’s blog)
- Create In-Depth: Provide comprehensive information and make your content a reliable resource with credible links, well-thought-out descriptors, and citations when necessary. The more trust and value your audience gets from your content, the more likely they are to return and possibly even share it with their audience.
Advantages of Evergreen Content
- Steady Traffic: Unlike trendy content that gets a burst of traffic and fades away, evergreen content consistently attracts visitors over longer periods of time. This steady flow of hits can greatly contribute to sustained growth in your following.
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization) Boost: Search engines love original evergreen content for its richness in relevant keywords. By creating content that addresses questions unique to your industry, you improve your website’s search engine optimization for the demographic that matters to you, boosting its visibility to your targeted audience.
- Building Authority: Evergreen content is the most assured way to establish you as an influential guru or your brand as an authority in your field. When readers consistently find valuable information from you online, they will catch on and, ultimately, quit searching and head directly to your website; they’re more likely to trust you and your expertise, skipping the entire hunting/gathering step (as one does).
Tips for Crafting Evergreen Content
Regular Updates: While the core information should stay the same, don’t hesitate to update your evergreen content. Build links from one blog to another when they are relevant. Go back a few times per year and relink new articles with older ones, as this will help revive and recycle previous content. This shows your audience that you’re dedicated to providing accurate and up-to-date information as well as maintaining the important ones.
Quality Trumps Quantity: Instead of churning out content quickly, focus on creating high-quality pieces that are intentionally evergreen pieces. I would much rather have a few solid and trustworthy tools that I know I can count on rather than a garage full of irrelevant tools that make me nervous whenever I may try to use them.
Examples of Evergreen Content:
- Any of the XYZ For Dummies books.
- Articles that revive repeating historical lessons and bring them into a current context or field of work.
- Common Misconceptions posts or videos. Just look at how many times you scroll through social media and see these pop up!
No Time to Create Evergreen Content Yourself?
We get it! In the fast-paced world of digital marketing, evergreen content is the bedrock of sustainable engagement. By creating personalized content and visuals, you provide ongoing value to your audience and establish your brand as a trustworthy source of information. Reach out to 309 Marketing Group to develop your evergreen content and see your engagement flourish, season after season! Our talented media designers will write, create, and market content for your specific audience. When you’re ready to take your marketing to the next level, call 309-228-9640. Find us at 311 SW Water St, Ste 201, Peoria, IL 61612.